Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I want to be a professional photographer

I decided that I wanted to become a photographer last year and I started getting out and taking pictures every day of anything that took my interest and taking part in a monthly challenge on a forum that I post on.

As I progressed I got better cameras and I now have a Nikon D80. I really like it and I have learned a lot about it and have started using the manual settings rather that rely on the portrait and landscape settings.

But recently I feel like I have lost my confidence in my photography. I just have not been able to get a shot that I am that happy with and I just do not feel like I am making much progress.

I thought I would start up this blog to hopefully get me through this and back on track again.

I think one of the things that bothers me is that I am not really sure what kind of professional photographer I would like to be. Once I have decided what I am going to aim for then I will be able to set out some structure to how to get there.

Even though I am taking an evening course on digital photography it is not helping. At least I am learning something. I would like to get on a Photoshop course at some point as I do think that I have a lot of improvement with my editing. I have also got a book that will also help me learn about Photoshop.

I am however happy with my black and white shots. I have really enjoyed creating black and white images. I think they can be so dramatic and some shots work so much better in black and white.

Here are a couple of shots that I am really happy with.





So just for now I am just going to make sure that I still take photographs and try and do my best to at least get one edited a day. I will also try to try something different when I get the opportunity.

May the focus be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment